Thursday 26 September 2013

CHATTING DURING CLASS TIME



Have you ever feel so bored when you are studying in class? If it is yes, what did you do then? Did you decide to ask to your lecturer and said that you needed to go to the toilet? Maybe there were some other ways like: Talking with other friends in slow voice (Gossiping), drawing caricature, mistreating your friends, or may be doing secret chatting on a small piece of paper. Based on the observation, many college students especially girl like to do the last way.   
Secret chatting on a small piece of paper was a new thing for me. One day I came to my class and so do all my friends. We would have the most boring class of our all course schedule. But, we did not have another choice rather than we had to come and enjoyed the class. The lecturer came and the class was started. At first, everything walked smoothly and all my friends seemed cool and paid much attention to the lecturer’s explanation. Then, the lecturer began to write on the whiteboard with his marker and we copied what were written on the board. After 15 minutes passed, I found something strange, while the lecturer were not writing, explaining, or asking important materials, my friends seemed very busy with writing on their book. They were looked so serious and interested. Sometimes, I saw they were smiling in glance and hold their laugh. “What are they doing” I asked to my friend who sat on my right. He answered, “They are chatting”. I was surprised. So, I planned to do spying on them and saw what they were doing.
After sometimes I did the spying, I get some information about what they were talking on chatting. The topic of their chatting were so varieties, such as talking about one of my friends new girlfriend, new place for hang out, sharing about personal story, making plan to go somewhere or hanging out together after getting classes, or maybe gossiping about the lecturer who was teaching in front of them. On the other side, they sometimes did chatting because they just want to share their feeling that they were so bored and need friends to relieve them from this condition. Moreover, they just want to do silly thing to interact other students to pay attention on them. (AIM)

No comments:

Post a Comment